Front-End Web Designer and Developer
Third Wave Digital, located one-hour south of Metro Atlanta in Macon, Georgia, is seeking a talented front-end designer and developer to craft beautiful websites and bring them to life. The ideal candidate will have an established portfolio demonstrating expertise in modern front-end frameworks and best-practiced, with an eye for clean and user-friendly design. Priority will be given to candidates who are willing to relocate to Macon, however applicants wishing to telecommute and willing to work from Macon office at least once per month will be considered.
- Execute visual design from UI to code
- Conceptualize creative, original designs to complex web challenges
- Create design prototypes and implement them in well-crafted HTML/CSS/JS
- Present designs and deliverables to coworkers and clients
- Collaborate with other designers and developers
- Implement front-end code in WordPress themes, using PHP to output markup.
- 3+ years of professional front-end development experience, including:
- Ability to convert PSD designs to HTML
- Must have in-depth knowledge and experience with cross platform issues, browser and platform compatibility and capability.
- ADA/WCAG Awareness
- High level of experience using PHP MySQL for custom WordPress development
- Excellent visual design skills with demonstrable UI/UX implementations
- Must have portfolio of current professional (paid) work directly attributable to candidate
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, or comparable design programs
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Other Job Skills
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, reliably meet deadlines and produce fully functional web projects.
- Must be able to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Preference will be given to candidate who also have experience in Windows client software
- Group Health Plan
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Fast-paced, energetic and innovative workplace
- Dynamic and accessible team leads and co-workers
- Flexible work schedules for flexible work/life balance
- Relaxed dress code
About Third Wave Digital
Third Wave Digital was incorporated in 1997. Our clientele includes Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions and a wide variety of governmental agencies from the local, state and federal level. We take pride in our ability to scale our services to meet our client’s comprehensive technology needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Information needed to apply:
- Cover letter
In your application, please be sure to include a cover letter that gives us an idea of your personality, who you are and what you're all about.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.